Start your Application Process NOW
By Chuck Freels
We at 911 C.A.S.P.E.R. Systems wanted to let you know:
Per FEMA’s IPAWS: The primary goal of the Assistance to Firefighters Grant (AFG) is to meet the firefighting and emergency response needs of fire departments and non-affiliated emergency medical service organizations. Since 2001, AFG has helped firefighters and other first responders to obtain critically needed equipment, protective gear, emergency vehicles, training and other resources needed to protect the public and emergency personnel from fire and related hazards.
The FY 2013 AFG Application Period Opens on Monday, November 4th, 2013,
8 A.M. EST, and closes on December 6th 2013 at 5:00 pm EST
- Eligible applicants apply for AFG funding online via the e-Grants application at: https://portal.fema.gov. The application period will open Monday, November 4th, 2013 at 8 A.M. and close December 6th, 2013 at 5 P.M.
- System for Award Management (Sam.gov) registration is required of all AFG Program applicants and awardees .
- Applicants should review the FY 2013 AFG Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) for more information on application process.
FEMA’s IPAWS offers various Tools to help you during your application process:
While the AFG Program Office strives to make the information contained in these videos as timely and accurate as possible, the videos were not intended to be used as substitutes for reading the latest Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) or guidance documents. The AFG program office makes no promises, claims or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the contents of these videos and expressly disclaims liability for errors and omissions in the contents of these videos.
- AFG Vehicle Grants
This video was produced to provide an overview of how to apply for a vehicle grant, AFG’s most competitive grant activity.
Duration: 17 minutes
- Procurement Integrity
This video was produced to provide an overview of proper contract procurement for grantees.
Duration: 17 minutes
- Getting a Grant
This video was produced to provide an overview of how to prepare a competitive grant application.
Duration: 22 minutes
- FY 2013 AFG Workshop Schedule
- FY 2013 AFG Workshop Presentation
- FY 2013 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) – Coming Soon
- FY 2012 AFG Award List
- AFG Newsletter. Sign up to receive grant updates.
- Grant Closeout Updates
ANNOUNCEMENT ON NIMS COMPLIANCE
- NIMS Compliance Not Required at Time of Application Submission. Click here for additional information
System for Award Management (SAM) Registration is Required to Apply or Receive a Grant Award
- Please click here and complete the SAM registration as soon as possible. Applicants that have not completed the SAM registration process, or have not completed the required annual renewal and revalidation of data, will not be able to draw grant funds.
- As part of the SAM.gov registration process, every eligible grantee must have their SAM.gov account validated through the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and have their CAGE (Commercial and Government Entity) code validated in order to be eligible for award. These validations are conducted as part of the registration process after the organization has submitted their SAM.gov registration. A valid SAM.gov registration is now also required for any payment or amendment request to an existing, open award. A valid SAM.gov registration is now also required for any payment or amendment request to an existing, open award. If your department has not yet registered within SAM.gov, you are encouraged to do. SAM.gov is administered through the Government Services Administration (GSA). Technical assistance may be obtained through the Federal Service Desk at 866-606-8220. Please be advised
- Register your organization in the System for Award Management (SAM) (SAM.gov), which has replaced the Central Contractor Registry (CCR) system. You may submit an application without being registered in SAM, but you will not be awarded a grant until you are registered in SAM. If you registered in the CCR previously, you don’t have to do anything until that registration expires. Then you will validate and update your data, which will have been moved to the SAM.gov system. For questions about SAM, contact your State Assigned Grants Management Specialists.
I understand that this information is on the FEMA’s IPAWS Grants page, however I wanted to make it easily accessible and available for my readers on my Blog. If you are not sure what FEMA’s IPAWS is, please watch this QUICK VIDEO.
We are just a phone call or email away if you would like to ask us any questions or help you get started with providing this great safety tool for your Community. We have webinars available during the day, evening or the weekend, so please contact us to set one up for you – or your Team.
I hope you enjoyed today’s blog. Thank you for sharing us around the world and at home. We strive to bring you the best Community Safety advice available and put it in a personal and fun format. We appreciate all of you who read our daily blog and whatever you do today sign up for our Newsletter to get even more information that can help you get prepared.
Also, we appreciate all positive Comments, posts, and replies.
To The Lives Saved!
Let C.A.S.P.E.R. help you search!
Join the conversation . . . . .
C.A.S.P.E.R.’s Recent Posts
Tag . . . . You’re It!911 911 CASPER Systems Alerts AMBER Alerts Brandi's Blog Budget Budget Cuts Business C.A.S.P.E.R. Alert Feature C.A.S.P.E.R. System Chaz's Blog Chuck's Blog Community Disasters Disclosure Policy Donation Emergency Endorsements Enhancing 'Buy Local' Campaigns FEMA Fundraisers Grants Holidays IPAWS Judie's Blogs LED Displays Non-Profit Organizations Partners ~ Distributors Recruit Recruiting Recruitment Safety Sponsortizing Taxes Testimonials Trade Show Training Volunteer Warnings Weather Alerts and Warnings Weather Temperature Welcome