By Chuck Freels
As you probably know by now, 911 C.A.S.P.E.R. Systems are a Certified Vendor with FEMA’s IPAWS. What does that mean? Well, if you are not aware of what IPAWS is, then check out the quick video we have HERE. But in a nutshell, IPAWS (Integrated Public Alerts and Warning System) creates a way for targeted geographically relevant Alerts and Warnings to be broadcast. Obviously this is an extremely important tool for any individual to have access to; however it is an especially important tool for Communities. The reason this is so important to Communities is because you will be informed Before, During and After emergency situations and/or incidents.
Therefore, since C.A.S.P.E.R. is Certified, we can accept the messages that are being sent via IPAWS and they will be received on your 911 C.A.S.P.E.R. System that is in the geographical targeted area.
Most people would imagine that IPAWS is enough. And they are correct. IPAWS is a very effective means of Communication. However, we feel that our C.A.S.P.E.R. Alert Button enhances IPAWS dramatically. I will explain the five benefits you will receive that I feel are especially significant:
- Instant Communication to your Community. Within Seconds, you can have a message up to your Community to help direct and/or inform them of a situation.
- The C.A.S.P.E.R. Alert Button will enable AMBER Alerts to now have a picture. If you are a parent, sibling, cousin, relative, friend, etc… of a young child, think for a second of the impact it would have with finding a loved one if gone missing. Now, when the Alert would go out, it will not just say; Brown hair, brown eyes, 2’3” female girl. It will have a picture that passersby can see so that they then can truly be on the lookout for that person since now they know what they look like. Because seriously, how many Brown hair, brown eyed, 2’3” female girls do you think are in the world?
- But this is just not for AMBER Alerts, it also works for SILVER Alerts, Missing Persons , BOLO (Be On the Look Out) or any other types of Alert or Warning which may require a picture for quicker and more accurate identification.
- The other great benefit of your C.A.S.P.E.R. Alert Button is that your 911 Dispatcher, or other Authorized Personnel, can put up other Alerts, Warnings or Messages to your Community, and like IPAWS, these Alerts and Warnings can be done Before, During and After emergency (or otherwise) situation. You see, IPAWS has a strict Alert and Warning protocol that must be followed. Sometimes, your 911 Dispatchers or other Authorized Personnel may want or need to put up an Alert or Warning that IPAWS may not allow. Now, you have full control of any situation you may have to deal with – enabling you to better help your Community.
- When you have more than one C.A.S.P.E.R. System in your Community, the 911Dispater, or other Authorized Personnel, can target just one single C.A.S.P.E.R. System, or two C.A.S.P.E.R. Systems, or you can have your Alert or Message go on all C.A.S.P.E.R. Systems. The beauty of this is it is now up to you and your Communities situation.
There are other benefits of the C.A.S.P.E.R. Alert Button, but again, the benefits I have listed above are the ones I feel are the most significant. Having five children myself I am especially passionate about the capability to have pictures of missing persons go up instantaneously which will noticeably increase the odds of a speedy return home.
We are just a phone call or email away if you would like to ask us any questions or help you get started with providing this great safety tool for your Community. We have webinars available during the day, evening or the weekend, so please contact us to set one up for you – or your Team.
I hope you enjoyed today’s blog. Thank you for sharing us around the world and at home. We strive to bring you the best Community Safety advice available and put it in a personal and fun format. We appreciate all of you who read our daily blog and whatever you do today sign up for our Newsletter to get even more information that can help you get prepared.
Also, we appreciate all positive Comments, posts, and replies.
To The Lives Saved!
Let C.A.S.P.E.R. help you search!
Join the conversation . . . . .
C.A.S.P.E.R.’s Recent Posts
Tag . . . . You’re It!911 911 CASPER Systems Alerts AMBER Alerts Brandi's Blog Budget Budget Cuts Business C.A.S.P.E.R. Alert Feature C.A.S.P.E.R. System Chaz's Blog Chuck's Blog Community Disasters Disclosure Policy Donation Emergency Endorsements Enhancing 'Buy Local' Campaigns FEMA Fundraisers Grants Holidays IPAWS Judie's Blogs LED Displays Non-Profit Organizations Partners ~ Distributors Recruit Recruiting Recruitment Safety Sponsortizing Taxes Testimonials Trade Show Training Volunteer Warnings Weather Alerts and Warnings Weather Temperature Welcome